Swallowing too much air can lead to all sorts of digestive troubles including indigestion, belching, heartburn, and gas. Practice these habits to control where air goes.
- Gulping your meal makes you swallow air with your food, resulting in gas and a bloated feeling. Instead, take small bites and chew with your mouth closed. Since you are more likely to eat faster and swallow more air if you are hungry, consider eating more fre¬quent – but smaller – meals.
- Bypass straws and narrow-necked bottles. You may burp more if you drink from these.
- Chewing gum or sucking on hard candy increases saliva, which helps neutralize stom¬ach acid. But you will often swallow extra air without noticing. When you have candy or gum in your mouth, simply try to keep your mouth closed.
- Do not smoke. You will swallow air if you suck on a cigarette, cigar, or pipe. When you feel bloated, you may be tempted to force yourself to belch. Do not do it; ¬you will just swallow more air in the process.
- Try an apple a day. Whether your problem is visiting the bathroom too often or not often enough, apples can help. Just one apple with its skin contains four to five grams of fiber ¬the most important nutrient in keeping your bowels working regularly and smoothly. Get¬ting back to normal without relying on harmful drugs could be as easy as replacing that afternoon snack of potato chips or cookies with a crisp, delicious apple. You can also try ginger or other amazing foods.
- Turn away pain with turmeric. If your symptoms also include heartburn, bloating, nausea, and even light-colored stools, turmeric might offer some relief. Symptoms like these can be signs of a poor flow of bile from your liver to your gallbladder. Turmeric gets your bile flowing, which could relieve your pain. It works so well that the German Commission E, experts in the field of herbal medicines, recommends taking up to a half tablespoon – about three grams – every day for this kind of indigestion.
- Visit your chiropractor. Chiropractic adjustments aim to provide balance and overall wellness, including eliminating pain and diseases brought by body organs affected by damages of the nervous system. Digestive problems and stomach pains can significantly be reduced with regular chiropractic adjustments. More on visiting chiropractoк and how he can help here.
While stomach pains may be difficult to face, there are simple everyday solutions that you can turn to in order to minimize the ache. As long as you are equipped with the right knowledge, you can easily and effectively overcome stomach problems.